We NEED animal lovers like you to help Barking Holler continue to rescue and heal these animals.
Volunteers can help in a variety of ways including caring for the animals or assisting around the farm.
If you are in middle or high school and love animals, you might want to come and earn some SSL hours for MCPS at our sanctuary. Some of the volunteer jobs are: helping to feed the animals, mucking stalls, scrubbing the water containers and filling them with fresh water, general cleaning around the farm, and other duties as needed. It's a good idea to wear boots and clothes that can get muddy. :) You must receive confirmation in advance.
We will be having these SSL opportunities once/month from 3-5 PM. Our next scheduled dates for kids to earn SSL hours are:
It is best to reach the Volunteer Coordinator by sending a message via the chat box or filling out any of the electronic forms on this website. If you are having technical difficulties or need immediate assistance, you can reach Caryn on her cell at 301-502-4167.
All volunteers must:
1. Complete the application request on the volunteer page
2. Fill out and bring the completed volunteer waiver with you.
3. Make sure you have received confirmation from the Volunteer Coordinator, Caryn Reitkopp, before coming.
4. Behave in a manner that is safe and follow all rules of Barking Holler Animal Sanctuary.
**Please note: Barking Holler reserves the right to ask any volunteer/visitor to leave if they believe that a person is not acting in the best interest of the Sanctuary, the animals or other humans.
What do volunteers do on the farm?
When volunteers come to the farm, we help feed the animals,
muck the stalls and bring the poop to the compost shed,
carry and distribute hay bales,
put fresh straw in the stalls,
clean and refill all the water bins,
and other various jobs as needed.
Don't forget to wear rubber boots and clothes that can get
Don't want to get messy?
Have a special talent or skill you want to donate?
Here are a few ideas for ways you can help:
1. videography/photography 2. computer technology/ websites 3. fundraising events (such as a bake sale or silent auction) 4. grant writing 5. vet care 6. organize a donation drive or facebook fundraiser 7. sign up for smile.amazon.com and choose Barking Holler Animal Sanctuary as your recipient 8. sponsor an animal with a monthly donation
We are open to all ideas!
Interested in signing up for Sunday Fundays with the animals? Volunteers can sign up to help on most Sundays between 3-5 PM. We work hard doing the chores around the farm and then finish off the day feeding the piglets and getting them used to humans- which is- in our opinion- the best part of the day! Bring your old produce and a box of cheerios. They love Cheerios! (See blue box for details on volunteer jobs.)